1. You may have heard that Sherlock Series 3 is now definitely a thing that will be happening.
2. The first episode is called “The Empty Hearse” and premieres in the U.K. on BBC One on Jan. 1.
3. John is going to find out how his best friend faked his death and more to the point, why.
4. It was written by Mark Gatiss, who also plays Sherlock’s brother Mycroft.
5. Una Stubbs is back as Mrs. Hudson, and we couldn’t be happier about that.
6. As is Louise Brealey as lovelorn pathologist Molly.
7. Molly is brilliant.
8. And Rupert Graves as back as silver fox DI Lestrade.
9. Yes, the gang is all here, but who is this new person to the right of Molly?
10. That would be Mary Morstan, John’s new love interest.
11. Pop fact: She is played by Amanda Abbington, Martin Freeman’s real-life partner.
12. With a wedding for John and Mary on the cards, it looks like this happy couple will have to split up.
13. Maybe Sherlock and Molly could happen.
14. Although that looks unlikely thanks to this joker, whoever he is.
15. Maybe he’s wearing that tux to get back in the game, though probably unlikely.
16. Tumblr has had so little to work with these past two years, it has spent days upon days fixating over why John has grown a mustache.
17. Look, no mustache!
18. The deerstalker looks like it’s a “thing” now.
19. Purposeful thrusting forward of the hand.
20. Pensive glare.
21. Feel the fan fic.
22. All that throbbing fan fic.
23. FAN FIC.
24. And relax.
25. Is it wrong to really fancy Lestrade?
26. The look on John’s face would suggest “yes it is.”
27. But we have to talk about something — they’ve released so many pictures at once!
28. Even Sherlock looks worried about how Tumblr is going to react to all of this.
29. Yes, Mrs. Hudson. YES.
30. Yep, still got it.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›