1. Concern for Macca’s online welfare began to grow when he randomly started tweeting a bunch of random words.
5. This one should maybe have been the giveaway.
6. They are all words you can put the word ‘New’ in front of.
12. Macca was not losing it. He was leading out to a big announcement about his new album.
#whatsnew with Paul McCartney? Here’s a ‘New’ song from his forthcoming new album out 14th / 15th October: http://t.co/nqjLkRleIl/ Via
13. The first single, also called “New” went straight up on YouTube.
14. It is produced by Mark Ronson.
The song itself is nostalgic for mid-period Beatles, with Ronson’s trademark retro sheen, which should sound even more retro, but in fact sounds exactly as you would expect Mark Ronson producing Paul McCartney in 2013 to sound.
That’s no bad thing though. Other hip young things on “New” include Paul Epworth, Ethan Johns.
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›