1. Coronation Street actor Charlie Condou got a surprise when he saw today’s newspapers.
The Daily Star ran a front page splash under the headline “Corrie Star’s Shock Secret Love Children”. The story detailed the two children he had fathered with a female friend, who the pair raise alongside his partner Cameron Laux. In fact, Condou is one of the UK’s most prominent advocates for gay parenting and writes regular columns for The Guardian about their arrangement.
3. He saw the funny side.
Oh god, my secret is out!! great journalism @daily_star RT @jamesrbuk: Er, what, Daily Star?
Unless of course they’ve found out about those other two children I secretly fathered…./ Via
Right, I’d better go into work and face the music. What times the press conference @aliJcorrie ?/ Via
6. Condou won Attitude magazine’s Man Of The Year award last year for his campaigning.
- Iran's parliament approved a nuclear deal with six other world powers, including the U.S. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›
- There were three stabbings in Jerusalem on Monday, part of a monthlong wave of violence between Israelis and Palestinians. ›