1. The Channel 4 screening of Elf has become a British tradition in recent years.
“Usually shown on a Sunday afternoon around the second weekend of December, Elf was the sign that Christmas had well and truly arrived. Sweet without being saccharine, nostalgic while being completely current, and laugh-out-loud funny even after repeated viewings, Will Ferrell’s turn as Buddy the Elf was the perfect way to usher in the festive season.”
2. But now all that is set to change.
3. Because as the paper points out, this has happened.
ELF is exclusively on Sky Movies this Christmas! Hope you can join us for candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup. http://t.co/5ukLzfettY
4. Which makes Rupert Murdoch, quite literally, the Grinch who stole Christmas.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›