1. The Channel 4 screening of Elf has become a British tradition in recent years.
“Usually shown on a Sunday afternoon around the second weekend of December, Elf was the sign that Christmas had well and truly arrived. Sweet without being saccharine, nostalgic while being completely current, and laugh-out-loud funny even after repeated viewings, Will Ferrell’s turn as Buddy the Elf was the perfect way to usher in the festive season.”
2. But now all that is set to change.
3. Because as the paper points out, this has happened.
ELF is exclusively on Sky Movies this Christmas! Hope you can join us for candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup. http://t.co/5ukLzfettY
4. Which makes Rupert Murdoch, quite literally, the Grinch who stole Christmas.
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›