1. Hit play.
You’ll need to be logged in to Spotify for this to work.
2. Last week we saw John Alvin’s Jurassic Park concept posters. Now you can see his art for Blade Runner.
3. Alvin, who died in 2008 after a career spanning four decades, hand-painted all his work.
4. When Blade Runner was released in 1981 it was seen as a critical and commercial failure.
5. However, when Ridley Scott released his director’s cut in 1991, it won the film critical and cult acclaim.
7. A new book, The Art of John Alvin, collects Alvin’s best work, along with a wealth of unseen sketches.
10. Here is an initial sketch of the final poster.
11. And how the sketch compared with the finished poster.
The Art of John Alvin is released on 22 August. Artwork reproduced here with permission.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›