1. Hit play.
You’ll need to be logged in to Spotify for this to work.
2. Last week we saw John Alvin’s Jurassic Park concept posters. Now you can see his art for Blade Runner.
3. Alvin, who died in 2008 after a career spanning four decades, hand-painted all his work.
4. When Blade Runner was released in 1981 it was seen as a critical and commercial failure.
5. However, when Ridley Scott released his director’s cut in 1991, it won the film critical and cult acclaim.
7. A new book, The Art of John Alvin, collects Alvin’s best work, along with a wealth of unseen sketches.
10. Here is an initial sketch of the final poster.
11. And how the sketch compared with the finished poster.
The Art of John Alvin is released on 22 August. Artwork reproduced here with permission.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.