Twentieth Century Fox / BuzzFeed
2. He captured imaginations and haunted dreams with his bio-mechanical visions, drawn from his own nightmares.
3. A prolific artist for over fives decades, he’s perhaps best known for his work on sci-fi classic, Alien.
4. Ridley Scott: “Giger’s designs were an especially unique experience for the audience. The world had simply never seen anything like that before.”
5. “His work contributed significantly to the success of the film.”
6. H.R Giger: “Some people would say my paintings show a future world and maybe they do, but I paint from reality.”
7. “If people want to interpret my work as warnings about too much overpopulation, disease and mechanization in the future, then that is up to them.”
9. “And I love to work with bones - they are elemental and function and, after all, are part of human beings.”
10. “Some people say my work is often depressing and pessimistic…”
11. “With the emphasis on death, blood, overcrowding, strange beings and so on, but I don’t really think it is.”
12. “There is hope and a kind of beauty in there somewhere, if you look for it.”
18. H.R. Giger: “Dutch customs once thought my pictures were photos.”
19. “Where on earth did they think I could have photographed my subjects? In Hell, perhaps?”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.