1. At an event at the Freemason’s Hall in London on Tuesday, Martin was asked if there were any characters he couldn’t kill, because they are needed for the plot.
2. He said: “I have a large number of important characters who I switch between to tell the entirety of the story, and that limits who I can kill.”
3. “Sometimes there’s only one character who’s my eye in a particular location, and if I kill that character everything going on in that particular subplot is going to be lost.”
4. “The way my books are structured, everyone was together, then they all went their separate ways and the story deltas out like that.”
5. “And now it’s getting to the point where the story is beginning to delta back in.”
6. “The viewpoint characters are meeting up with each other and being in the same point at the same time…”
7. “Which gives me a lot more flexibility for killing people.”
Dan Dalton is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".