1. So we didn’t win the League Cup, but Sunderland kept their Premier League Status
2. So what makes Sunderland so great?
3. 1. The Accent is amazing
We Mack-em, you Tak-em
Update: You can get these Mugs from Serendipity Tea & Trinkets, Frederick Street.
4. 2. The People
The Mackems themselves, possibly the most friendliest bunch of people in the North-East.
5. 3. Lots of Local Celebrities
Lauren Laverne, She’s a Mackem
6. 4. Olympians
Tony Jefferies won Bronze in Boxing for Great Britain in Beijing
7. 5. This fine chap
A standard on a night out in Sunderland
8. 6. Literature Runs through Wearside
Author of the Horrible Histories series, Terry Deary is from Sunderland
9. 7. Lewis Carroll wrote “The Walrus and The Carpenter” in Sunderland
He also got his inspiration for “Alice in Wonderland” in Sunderland
10. 8. Fantastic Music
The Futureheads - Who scored a top 10 hit with “The Hounds of Love”
11. 9. The Empire Theatre
The Empire Theatre, “The West End of the North East”, hosted shows such as We Will Rock You, Warhorse, The Rocky Horror Picture show to name a few
12. 10. The National Glass Centre (With An Awesome Glass Roof)
Don’t Look Down!
13. 11. Shopping
Chilling in the Bridges after school, ‘cause you were that cool
14. 12. Best Airshow Ever!
Sunderland has one of the biggest Annual Airshows in Europe
15. 13. We have beaches and sea-side!
16. 14. Which we run into in fancy dress on Boxing Day for charity
The Boxing Day Dip
17. 15. Mowbray Park
Lovely to wander through on a nice day
18. 16. The Winter Gardens
The tropics of the North East
19. 17. You can go Skiing anytime of the year!
Silksworth Ski Slope :D
20. 18. Our Industry
Nissans European headquarters are right here in Sunderland
21. 19. Epic Coffee
Holmeside Coffee, a new Independent Coffee Shop. Try the Flat White, best…coffee…ever
22. 20. Awesome Pubs
23. 21. One of the Largest stadiums in the UK
Much better than the Sports Direct Aren…..sorry I mean St. James’s Park
24. 22. This
Newcastle 0 Sunderland 3
25. 23. This
Sunderland 2 Newcastle 1
26. 24. aaaaaaand this
Newcastle 0 Sunderland 3 (Again…)
27. 25. Seeing this Monument coming back into the City
Everyone loves seeing this
28. 26. Awesome Mythology
One Sunda morn young Lambton went
A-fishing in the Wear;
An’ catched a fish upon he’s heuk
He thowt leuk’t vary queer.
29. 27. We Love a good Joke
30. 28. The Pope is a Mackem
Well not really, but we have his blessings
31. 29. Overall, it’s just amazing to be a Mackem!