1. Glazed Turnips
The poor man’s potato is best when young.
2. Roasted Fennel with Parmesan
If you think you don’t like fennel, think again and make this. It’s delicious.
3. Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes (sunchokes)
You’ve probably never given these fuzzy little roots a second glance at the supermarket. They are full of deliciousness.
4. Roasted Balsamic Rainbow Carrots
I recently discovered that throwing a little balsamic on any roasted vegetable is really good. Try it on brussels sprouts.
5. Celeriac Boulangere
It’s like scalloped potatoes, but with fewer carbs.
6. Roasted carrots, parsnips and shallots
Parsnips also make good fries.
8. Roasted Eggplant and Pickled Beet Sandwich
Eggplant AND beets? Double whammy!
9. Hot & Sour Swiss Chard
Try something different.
10. Bacon Braised Escarole
Adding leafy greens, such as kale, chard, or even chicories to a pan of frying bacon can never go wrong.
11. Kolhrabi Fritters
Leek fritters would have been too obvious.
12. Bund Gobi and Mater (Cabbage with Peas)
To satisfy your Indian craving.
15. Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
Obviously using cauliflower instead of rice cuts carbs, but it’s also a good way to eat locally grown food instead of imported rice.
17. Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta, Olives and Sun-dried Tomato
Bacon braised escarole would also taste great in here.
Top it with Greek yogurt. It’s the best.