1. While you’re reading the prologue.
Why does this exist?
2. When the male protagonist makes a bad, bad choice.
Because he should know better.
3. When the protagonist is walking somewhere alone at night and you know this just can’t end well.
It’s gonna get ugly.
4. When the female protagonist chooses the wrong guy in the love triangle.
Because she should know better.
6. When the antagonist gets served by the protagonist with a witty one-liner.
7. When a favorite secondary character dies in the battle at the end.
8. When the protagonist and the love interest FINALLY get together.
9. When something totally and completely unexpected happens. When you least expect it.
And you’re like what?!?!?!
10. When the ending is…not great.
Why can’t the author just “make it work?”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›