1. While you’re reading the prologue.
Why does this exist?
2. When the male protagonist makes a bad, bad choice.
Because he should know better.
3. When the protagonist is walking somewhere alone at night and you know this just can’t end well.
It’s gonna get ugly.
4. When the female protagonist chooses the wrong guy in the love triangle.
Because she should know better.
6. When the antagonist gets served by the protagonist with a witty one-liner.
7. When a favorite secondary character dies in the battle at the end.
8. When the protagonist and the love interest FINALLY get together.
9. When something totally and completely unexpected happens. When you least expect it.
And you’re like what?!?!?!
10. When the ending is…not great.
Why can’t the author just “make it work?”