1. While you’re reading the prologue.
Why does this exist?
2. When the male protagonist makes a bad, bad choice.
Because he should know better.
3. When the protagonist is walking somewhere alone at night and you know this just can’t end well.
It’s gonna get ugly.
4. When the female protagonist chooses the wrong guy in the love triangle.
Because she should know better.
6. When the antagonist gets served by the protagonist with a witty one-liner.
7. When a favorite secondary character dies in the battle at the end.
8. When the protagonist and the love interest FINALLY get together.
9. When something totally and completely unexpected happens. When you least expect it.
And you’re like what?!?!?!
10. When the ending is…not great.
Why can’t the author just “make it work?”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating the incident.