1. She was cool by not being cool.
Scully had a degree in physics, wrote her thesis on Einstein’s Twin Paradox, and stayed in on a Friday night to write a paper called “Diminished Acetylcholine Production in Recidivist Offenders.” All while rocking those adorable glasses.
2. She kept Mulder in check.
Every time Mulder got the crazed “I have a theory” look in his eye, she forced him to gather the evidence. They lost the evidence every time, but still.
3. She named her dog Queequeg.
Named for the harpoonist in Moby-Dick, Queequeg was later eaten by an alligator when Scully had to take him with her on a case. RIP Queequeg.
4. She was a medical doctor.
Need an autopsy done? Call Scully. Did Mulder suffer a head injury? Scully could examine him! Was there some crazy medical jargon thrown into the dialogue? Scully could explain it to you. BECAUSE SHE WAS A MEDICAL DOCTOR.
5. She demanded respect.
The only person who could MAYBE get away with calling her “baby” was Mulder, and he definitely had to wait at least seven seasons for that.
6. She had the best cry face.
When she broke down and cried, which happened ALL THE TIME in the last two seasons, it was like being stabbed in the heart by those huge ice picks they used to kill the shapeshifting aliens. Scully sacrificed a lot on her quest to find the truth, you guys.
7. She brought out Mulder’s cry face.
The thought of losing Scully to cancer caused Mulder to sneak into the hospital in the middle of the night and cry heaving, silent sobs at her bedside. May we all inspire someone to ugly cry over us at least once in our lives.
8. She made us really hate bees.
Just as Mulder and Scully are FINALLY about to kiss in Fight the Future, Scully is stung by a bee that infects her with an alien virus, she gets abducted, and Mulder has to find the vaccine and go to Antarctica to save her. Fucking bees, right?
9. She gave birth to a miracle, maybe-alien baby.
Despite being told that she’s barren, Scully discovers that she’s pregnant at the end of season seven. We’re kept guessing about the father’s identity for all of season eight (hint: it’s Mulder) and she gives birth to a superhuman baby with alien DNA or something. She names him William, and he’s real cute.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›