1. The first ad from the campaign. 1980.
The campaign started around 1980, and ran for some 1500+ executions (the longest running pure campaign in history),
All of the ads were created by New York City agency TBWA (now TBWA\CHIAT\DAY). And almost all the ads were created without Photoshop.
Why they stopped it, in the early 2000s, is — to put in the campaign’s term — an ABSOLUT FUCKING MYSTERY.
In ad lingo, a good campaign idea is said to “have legs.”
The Absolut campaign was a fucking millipede.
2. The early ads were simplier, bottled-focused.
10. Political ad.
12. Then they started playing with shapes.
21. They did Chrismas well.
25. They did sports.
29. But the most popular part of the campaign was the location ads.
See almost ALL the Absolut ads here:
Absolut Ad has nearly every execution from the campaign, in alphabetical order.
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- At least 9 people are dead and 150 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.