1. The first ad from the campaign. 1980.
The campaign started around 1980, and ran for some 1500+ executions (the longest running pure campaign in history),
All of the ads were created by New York City agency TBWA (now TBWA\CHIAT\DAY). And almost all the ads were created without Photoshop.
Why they stopped it, in the early 2000s, is — to put in the campaign’s term — an ABSOLUT FUCKING MYSTERY.
In ad lingo, a good campaign idea is said to “have legs.”
The Absolut campaign was a fucking millipede.
2. The early ads were simplier, bottled-focused.
10. Political ad.
12. Then they started playing with shapes.
21. They did Chrismas well.
25. They did sports.
29. But the most popular part of the campaign was the location ads.
See almost ALL the Absolut ads here:
Absolut Ad has nearly every execution from the campaign, in alphabetical order.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.