A reminder for all the “Linguists” in the audience:
Via Free Dictionary, this is the second listing under “irony”:
2. “Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs.”
2. This is only ironic if he is, in fact, Captain America, which, I believe he is.
8. You’d think for the damn photo shoot for the product, they’d get the shade right.
9. A “Gummy” bear made by a janitor using the gum stuck underneath students’ desk.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️