3. “Improper Hijab is the starting point of harassment for those who seek to harass.”
4. The “pearl in its shell” analogy is apparently used a lot with these ads.
5. “In this blizzard of watchful eyes do not forget your umbrella: Hijab” (probably not an official government poster)
6. “Psychologists say: those who dress inappropriately and use lots of makeup have character issues.”
7. “We ourselves invite [sexual] harassment: Girls who do not dress properly are harassed and targeted in the streets.”
8. Iranian schoolgirls mocking a poster. “Hijab is protection not limitation”
All images (except the first one) and translations via this imgur page.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›