3. “Improper Hijab is the starting point of harassment for those who seek to harass.”
4. The “pearl in its shell” analogy is apparently used a lot with these ads.
5. “In this blizzard of watchful eyes do not forget your umbrella: Hijab” (probably not an official government poster)
6. “Psychologists say: those who dress inappropriately and use lots of makeup have character issues.”
7. “We ourselves invite [sexual] harassment: Girls who do not dress properly are harassed and targeted in the streets.”
8. Iranian schoolgirls mocking a poster. “Hijab is protection not limitation”
All images (except the first one) and translations via this imgur page.
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.