1. A current billboard. “Veil Is Security” from flies (men).
3. “Improper Hijab is the starting point of harassment for those who seek to harass.”
4. The “pearl in its shell” analogy is apparently used a lot with these ads.
5. “In this blizzard of watchful eyes do not forget your umbrella: Hijab” (probably not an official government poster)
6. “Psychologists say: those who dress inappropriately and use lots of makeup have character issues.”
7. “We ourselves invite [sexual] harassment: Girls who do not dress properly are harassed and targeted in the streets.”
8. Iranian schoolgirls mocking a poster. “Hijab is protection not limitation”
All images (except the first one) and translations via this imgur page.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›