6. And now, the words of Bill Bernbach, founding creative director of legendary Mannattan ad agency, Doyle Dane Bernbach.
8. The crux of the creative ad process.
9. Golden ideas turn to shit in the hands of hacks.
11. Bernbach simplified an industry muddled with buzzword gobbledygook.
13. He distrusted research and never let it dictate creative work.
16. This is my favorite Bernbach quote. I’ve used it with many a client as they were jamming 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag, art direction-wise.
17. The campaign that launched Volkswagen in the USA, by DDB.
This was during the BIG car era of the late 1950s.
Thinking “small” was unheard of.
More so, calling your own a product a “lemon.”
The fact that Bernbach convinced VW that this was the way to go is one of the greatest success stories in the history of business.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.
- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told the Financial Times he's eyeing a 2016 presidential run 🇺🇸
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.