4. Makes me think of the Wussy song “Scream and Scream Again”
5. Yeah, well, with the shit you come up with now that Peggy ain’t around to save your ass…
6. And now, the words of Bill Bernbach, founding creative director of legendary Mannattan ad agency, Doyle Dane Bernbach.
8. The crux of the creative ad process.
9. Golden ideas turn to shit in the hands of hacks.
11. Bernbach simplified an industry muddled with buzzword gobbledygook.
13. He distrusted research and never let it dictate creative work.
14. Bernbach despised account executives who thought advertising was a science.
15. “irrelevant brilliance” is a perfect description of most of today’s splash-dash ad-stunt bullshit that masquarades as an IDEA.
16. This is my favorite Bernbach quote. I’ve used it with many a client as they were jamming 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag, art direction-wise.
17. The campaign that launched Volkswagen in the USA, by DDB.
This was during the BIG car era of the late 1950s.
Thinking “small” was unheard of.
More so, calling your own a product a “lemon.”
The fact that Bernbach convinced VW that this was the way to go is one of the greatest success stories in the history of business.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›