1. So, the Canadian Cancer Society apparently put up these die-cut posters, with vegatation creating unique “down there” styling. COPY: “What’s your style? Show your support and join the fight against cervical cancer.”
2. After starting promisingly, the “Mayhem” campaign has become a financial failure for Allstate. But this billboard installation is cool.
3. Advil. Best use of a lamp pole I’ve ever seen. Via The Philippines.
4. Back in April, to promote the Gillette Fusion ProGlide, Ogilvy Honduras rigged up a trimmer to look like the razor. Nice ambient idea.
5. Bigger screen = bigger cats. Via The Netherlands.
7. This looks Photoshopped, but still a great idea for Yahoo via India: “Carry heavy attachments.”
8. Simple and cheap as shit idea for K2r stain remover executed in Paris.
9. The movie may suck, but that ads don’t. See also this NYC poster incursion by subway slicer Poster Boy.
10. A classic many of you are too young to remember. United Colors of Benetton shealthed the Luxor Obelisk in Paris in a condom for AIDS awareness.
Here’s 10 more of the best unconventional ads ever produced.
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Hillary Clinton says she's "not in favor" of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the 12-nation trade deal championed by President Obama. ›