1. “Weeds” (The Philippines)
Spliff-erific partially-rolled up poster promoting season 3 of Weeds on DVD.
2. “Weeds” (Sweden)
Now that’s a Fatty.
Bouquets of hemp were sent to press and media agencies to promote the premier of the show in Sweden. Copy on the card: “Weeds. Seriously Good Shit.”
3. “Weeds” (New Zealand)
This 3-D billboard with two six-foot sandwiches and some prop buds in baggies was actually erected by Prime TV near Auckland. Copy line: “a single mom dealing with life’s problems.”
The ad agency reported that the fake weed was quickly stolen (probably by the people from the ad agency).
4. High Times Magazine
You older BuzzFeeders will recognize that this video is a parody of this classic, melodramatic (seif-edit: mellow-dramatic) marijuana PSA from the 1980s.
5. SustaiN Fertilizer
From the ad agency press note: To deliver the message that SustaiN (fertilizer) grows more grass for your cows, a giant 8m marijuana joint was installed right across from the main gate to the New Zealand National Agricultural Fieldays.
6. Destiny Herbicide
OK, technically not pro-weed.
But the fact that a huge company like Bayer put this stoner stock photo dude in an ad is pretty goddamn amazing.
7. Rolling Stone Magazine (Italy)
8. Grass Roots
Grass Roots is a hemp store in Calgary.
There, now you don’t have to smoke today.
Two more Grass Roots ads below.
9. Grass Roots
10. Grass Roots
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- At least 36 people are dead after a ferry carrying 173 passengers capsized in the Philippines.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.