1. Wear brand-new pink underwear to attract love.
Worst-case scenario, you’re wearing nice undies :)
2. At exactly 12:00, step forward with your right foot to start the year off with…YOUR RIGHT FOOT!
3. Wear white to scare away bad spirits.
5. Give some gifts to Goddess Lemanja.
She’s the goddess of water, and she loves gifts, especially flowers. So throw some into the ocean — if they come back, it means she didn’t accept them. Don’t worry, you can try again next New Year’s Eve.
6. Watch Jools Holland’s Hootenanny, even though it’s awful and everyone hates it.
7. Eat a spoonful of lentils at midnight for a year filled with work and money.
And don’t complain if you hate lentils!!!
9. Walk around your block with an empty suitcase for a year full of travel!
11. Immediately after the bells, the first-footing begins, which means being the first person across a friend’s or neighbor’s threshold.
The first-foot usually brings several gifts, including perhaps a coin, bread, salt, coal, or a whisky, which respectively represent financial prosperity, food, flavor, warmth, and good cheer.
12. You must eat a grape with each bell strike at midnight for prosperity.
It’s harder than you’d think to get all 12 done in time.
14. Write down a wish on a piece of paper, burn it, throw it into a champagne glass, and drink it before 12:01.
Gross but fun!