Hi, welcome to Chile: a fantastic coast against the Pacific Ocean and with Argentina behind the Andes.
I guess you remember Chile from the 33 miners that were rescued in 2010.
But there’s more to the country than just that.
2. Their version of the hot dog is way superior to anywhere else.
Take the American hot, dog, add tomato, avocado, and mayo in excess, and there you go!
3. And, well, there’s also the Piscola.
Don’t let anyone tell you that Pisco is not from Chile. Ever.
4. Don’t freak out if someone offers you an earthquake:
It’s just a delicious mix of wine, fernet, and pineapple ice cream.
5. And when it’s dessert time there will always be manjar. Think caramel, but better.
6. All those Spanish classes won’t help at all because they speak something totally different. Like, totally.
7. You can find everything in Chile: quiet beaches, like Zapallar.
10. And if you head a little bit south you’ll get to see the eighth wonder of the world:
Las Torres del Paine, in Patagonia.
11. Up north, you can find the Atacama Desert, where the sky looks like magic:
12. Now you know where to find these dudes:
13. If you go to Punta de Choros, you’ll probably be able to see dolphins:
14. And they even have their own little Niagara: El Salto del Laja.
15. Everyone’s proud of him, and he steals sighs from many.
And his mustache, of course.
17. Although no one can beat the cutest animal ever: the pudú!
I NEED ONE FOR MY APARTMENT RIGHT NOW. Run, pudú!
19. They love music and partying all year long…
That’s why Chile is for the fourth consecutive time the host of Lollapalooza. It was also the first country to host it outside of the U.S.
20. The economy is stable and the country is growing:
Chile is No. 7 in the world ranking of economic freedom.
21. Even though the ground shakes very often, Chileans won’t tumble over.
Yes, there are earthquakes all the time, but don’t worry, you’ll get back on your feet quick enough before the next one hits.
22. Because above all, Chileans are pure love, and when you need them, they are there.
Have any doubts about that?
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Facebook is working with charter schools to build educational software that it eventually plans on offering for free to U.S. public schools. ›