1. In elementary school you took a field trip to Sutter’s Fort and dressed as pioneers
Via Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park
3. You were so excited when your parents took you here for the day!
4. You have plenty of memories of running around McKinley Park as a kid (before it burned down and was rebuilt)
5. This was the BEST place to have a birthday party!
Via A. Sargis
6. You know/were someone each year in Sacramento Ballet’s performance of The Nutcracker
7. Depending on where you lived you either thought Burr’s was the best spot for Ice Cream (East Sac)
8. When in fact the best spot for desserts was Rick’s Dessert Diner (Mid-Town)
9. You’ve taken several tours of the Capitol building and know/are a parent who works there
Via Thomas W. Toolan
10. You believe that the Sacramento Kings will rise again and relive the glory days of the 90s
11. You’ve been to the Downtown IMAX theater for both school and for fun!
13. While Arden Fair Mall has turned into the swankiest mall in town
14. The architecture of the pyramid building has never made any sense to you
15. Even if you didn’t go to either Christian Brothers or Jesuit, Holy Bowl was still the biggest game of the year!
16. You’ve always been able to tell why Sacramento is nick-named The City of Trees!
17. You know from experience how much concerts suck in Arco (excuse me) SleepTrain Arena
18. You’ve also learned from experience to avoid Midtown on Second Saturday unless you love watching drunks
Via Eric Fredericks of neighborhoods.org
19. You know what the BEST burger in town is! Long live the cheese skirt!
Via Bill Binns
20. You’re proud to say that the Kings will forever more be from Sacramento!
Via Jed Jacobsohn / Getty Images
21. You either love going or have never gone Rivercats games
22. Memorial Auditorium will always remind you of your walk across stage to recieve your High School Diploma
23. You know the best spot to spend 4th of July, go Trick-or-Treeting and look at Christmas lights is the Fab Forties!
Via Jay Canter
24. You only go to Old Sac when relatives are in town and you need something to do
25. If you enjoy theater than you make sure to come out for Broadway Sacramento at the Community Center theater each year
26. You learned long ago that the best thing about Sac State is that Tom freakin’ Hanks is an alumni!
27. The best spot to check out indie/foreign films is Tower Theater!
Via Ken Osborn
28. You always say you hate the State Fair yet you return year after year anyway
Via Cal Expo
29. Hands down best Fro-Yo in Town: Big Spoon Yogurt (preferably the original East Sac location)