1. Sweet Potato Carrot Latkes
4. Mashed Potato Fritters
Anyone who thought mashed potatoes couldn’t get any better was just proved wrong. Recipe here.
5. Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, and Gruyere Tartlets
To really start things off right. Recipe here.
8. Delicata Squash Salad with Roasted Potatoes and Pomegranate Seeds
10. Roasted Carrot Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Crispy Garlic Chips
11. Ginger Pear and Parsnip Salad
THIS is what salad should be. Recipe here.
14. Cauliflower with Brown Butter, Pears, Sage, and Hazelnuts
15. Fried Brussels Sprouts
Roasted brussels sprouts are great, but the fried version really puts them to shame. Recipe here.
18. Roast Butternut Squash with Feta and Harissa Creme Fraîche
20. Horseradish Chive Mashed Potatoes
Whipped with horseradish for just a little bit of tang. Recipe here.
21. Roasted Parsnip Bread Pudding
So much better than sausage stuffing. Recipe here.
22. Mashed Butternut Squash with Thyme and Mascarpone
23. Creamed Kale Gratin
Eat more kale. Preferably smothered in heavy cream. Recipe here.
25. Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone
With three kinds of cheese, and a single sweet potato for some flavor variation. Recipe here.
29. The Best Vegetarian Gravy
Dried shiitakes give a seriously intense flavor that rivals any meat-based gravy. Recipe here.
31. Mushroom and Stout Pot Pies with a Sweet Potato Crust
33. Pretzel Cashew Crusted Tofu with Sweet Onion Chutney
35. Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells
Not a Thanksgiving classic… yet. Recipe here.