1. You spend the first few days wondering how you will know if your milk has come in. Then your milk comes in.
No mistaking what that was.
2. You suddenly gain a whole new vocabulary that includes the words ‘latch’, ‘let down’, and ‘colostrum’.
3. You are very thankful for your smartphone.
How did breastfeeding mothers cope before??
5. When your baby won’t settle anywhere but at your breast.
6. When you work out how to breastfeed lying down.
8. Trying to perfect the most flattering breastfeeding selfie angle.
9. Assessing the risk of attempting a boob to cot transfer.
Hmmm, to put down or to hold for the whole duration of nap?
10. When your baby falls asleep whilst feeding, and you realise the remote control is out of reach.
11. Rearranging your clothing eight times per day.
12. Assessing all new clothing purchases for ease of breastfeeding access.
And being an expert in layering clothes for breastfeeding.
13. When your baby learns to pull up your top.
14. The excited look on your child’s face when they realise they are going to get a feed.
16. When your baby pauses to smile at you.
17. Feeling like you are the only two people in the world during the night feeds.
19. Realising that it’s not the best idea to tickle your baby whilst feeding.
20. When you have another baby and you realise that breastfeeding is different with every child.
21. And knowing that although breastfeeding is not always easy, you are privileged to experience this relationship with your child.
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›