The orphaned elephants of the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust are celebrating the World Cup in the best possible way: by playin’ soccer. Here’s some of their tips:
1. Kick that ball.
2. Play good defense.
3. Casually pass backwards.
4. Casually pass frontwards.
5. Dive to protect your goal.
6. Now cuddle up and take a nap.
Watch the whole, adorable tutorial here:
Thumbnail Photo Credit: Creative Commons
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️