1. At the end of the wedding ceremony, right at the moment when the officiant said, “Speak now or forever hold your peace,” Steve the Turtle popped up.
3. Many were shocked, but one guest in blue decided to have a chat with her, telling her it was time to move on.
4. Steve reluctantly allowed them to finish their vows but the newlyweds were good sports: They invited her to drinks.
(Which she respectfully declined)
5. Congrats to the new couple, condolences/good luck to Steve!
Thumbnail photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22288108@N00/2408535634
7. Edit: A previous version of this post called Steve a male. The author shouldn’t have assumed Steve was a male name as the turtle is actually a female named “Steve”.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›