1. Once home to secret chemical gas factories in World War II, “Rabbit Island” is now a haven for hundreds of friendly bunnies.
2. Some stories assert that the bunnies were released from the factories when they closed…
3. Others say that schoolchildren came to the island to release them.
4. Whatever the reason, it’s proof that even sad pasts can turn into happy futures!
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›