1. They’re pretty adorable as babies.
2. And grow up to have wonderful smiles.
3. They’re true Californians.
They’re the only carnivores native to California.
4. They’re comfortable with their “big fish in a small pond” situation.
They’re the smallest of canids but the biggest land animal on the Channel islands.
5. They take adorable couple shots.
They actually are very monogamous animals who mate for life! High five to you, loyal foxes!
6. They hunt during the day ‘cause they’re not afraid.
Unlike many foxes, they are not nocturnal hunters because their natural predators do not hunt during the day.
7. They can see into your soul.
8. The Chumash believed foxes to be sacred animals, even dream helpers.
9. Family time is important to them.
They often don’t leave their families until 1 or 2 years of age.
10. They know how to get down.
They are actually very keen at marking their scent for navigation purposes.
11. They’re badass explorers.
It is thought that the foxes used rafts as debris to get to their current habitat, the Channel islands off of California.