1. It came to Twitter’s attention today that online retail shop River Island was selling a novelty item called “The Domestic Anti Nag Gag”, which features a tiny, foam football to “gag” your (presumably) female partner with.
2. Needless to say, the majority of Twitter users were not impressed.
5. (Although, this being the internet, some people didn’t quite see why it was so bad…)
8. Hours into the outrage, River Island confirmed it would no longer be stocking the item.
9. And released a statement, saying they were sorry to hear the item upset people.
10. Which wasn’t exactly the response many were looking for.
Cate Sevilla is the UK managing editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)