1. In an interview with the Hot 97 Morning Show, the rapper explained that she had to stop crowd surfing at shows because people kept trying to sexually assault her.
The show’s hosts, Peter Rosenberg and Ebro Darden, brought up the subject of crowd surfing and Azalea explained that she had to stop, saying:
“On my tour I’m only doing like 2,000 seaters but I still have to have barriers even if it’s like 200 people because people try to finger me.”
2. Azalea said she gets “lurk tweets” before shows where people tell her what they plan to do. “I’ll see it and be like, ‘Please don’t, that’s a violation!’ I don’t actually like that stuff.”
“They think I’m real slutty,” she said, “like ‘she’s got a song called “Pussy” I know what she wants.’ Why would I want a stranger to finger me? Like, I don’t want that. Buying my album for $12 doesn’t mean you get to finger me when I come to your city.”
3. In addition to the crowd barriers and no longer crowd surfing, Azalea says she now wears protective layers of clothing to prevent being “intruded”.
“I now wear two pairs of underpants, and then a pair of skin-coloured tights, and then my pants as like a protection barrier,” she said. “There’s no way I’m going to be intruded. It’s not happening.”
4. Azalea said that “the crazy thing” was that it’s female fans that try to finger her the most often.
“They think it’s cool, like ‘What we both have vaginas! It’s fine!’ – that doesn’t make it OK.”
5. After deciding that Azalea being sexually assaulted was wrong, the DJs then started to ask about her sex life with her boyfriend, if Azalea was “a porn star in the bedroom” or “just average”?
Ebro noted that “you twerk on stage, you wear short shorts, you have a big ass, and you are a little risqué with your concert” and asked if that was a “reflection of who you are, like you’re a porn star in the bedroom? You guys are dirty, nasty, nasty, dirty – or would you consider yourself kind of average.”
6. When Azalea didn’t directly answer, Ebro asked: “How are you being bashful but you get on stage with your ass out?”
Ebro then explained how he was basically unable to distinguish between song lyrics and a stage performance, and real life.
7. “You hear women talk dirty in songs, and you don’t know is that just an act? They only like missionary? You like your ass eaten? What do you like? You know what I mean?”
He then compared how some male rappers rap about selling drugs, but don’t actually in real life, and when he hears “girl rappers talking about about popping your ass and twerking … do you really get down like that or is that just for show?”