1. When you first met the Doctor, everything was so new and amazing.
2. And you got into this whole thing because, well, WHO COULD DENY THIS?!
4. (And waiting.)
5. Space hair can be a bitch.
(Despite the awesome view.)
8. And constantly being compared to your predecessor is a total drag.
“Oh, WOULD she? GOOD FOR HER.”
11. You’re constantly reminded that a certain someone is smarter than you.
12. But that never stopped you arguing with him.
14. These tally marks are never a good sign.
15. And spotting one of these can never be good.
16. Sometimes you look into the heart of the TARDIS and it gives you a bit of a headache.
Oh, whoops! THINK I NEED A DOCTOR.
17. There are times you feel more like a passenger than a companion.
19. But the idea of going back to how things were before can seem horrible.
20. Because, after the Doctor, even your best attempts at having a normal life don’t always work.
21. Making the choice to return to the present is probably a lot better than the alternative.
23. Or zapped into the past.
24. Which was basically what you feared all along.
29. And you realised that dating a Time Lord probably wouldn’t be a long-term thing, because mortality.
30. There are times you don’t realise just how important you are.
31. Even when it turns out you are the most important person of all.
33. And have the sole responsibility of looking after the Doctor when he doesn’t remember who he is.
36. Moving through time in the opposite way to your husband can be difficult.
41. Which is made even worse when she doesn’t like you.
42. There’s also when the Doctor asks you to stay in a parallel universe with his human clone.
43. And tries to convince you they’re basically the same.
“No, but really.”
44. And you’re all like, yeah, close enough.
THIS WILL DO I SUPPOSE.
45. The Doctor is your best friend.
46. But also more than that.
48. Sometimes he makes you think that he’s dead.
49. And you realise the time you were planning on spending with him has been cut short.
51. And even burning up a sun to say goodbye won’t feel like enough.
52. But no matter how sweet the parting.
53. Another “hello” is always just around the corner.
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›