1. American Apparel’s window displays in New York City now feature mannequins with full, healthy tufts of pubic hair brimming out from its sheer lingerie.
2. A district visual manager for American Apparel in New York told the New York Observer the mannequin merkins brought something “new” to celebrating Valentine’s Day.
Dee Myles said the merkins helped to “bring rawness and newness to a holiday thought of as a romantic Hallmark holiday … by exploiting the lust of Valentine’s Day.”
Myles added it was also “important to have instances spark up curiosity and conversation about what we deem beautiful and sexy.”
3. The, er, fullness of the mannequin’s public hair has been praised by a lot of women.
7. Some are unsure how to feel.
9. Some are NOT HAPPY that a mannequin would dare to not wax.
12. And some took the mannequin’s pubes politically.
14. But others had bigger concerns.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›