1. Corn Dogs
Battered, fried, and served on a stick.
2. Funnel Cake
Who could say no to delicious, doughy perfection sprinkled with powdered sugar?
3. Corn on the Cob
Potentially the healthiest food to eat at a carnival…if you don’t count the butter.
4. Cotton Candy
…or “candy floss” if you’re from England.
5. Pulled Pork Sliders
You can’t go to a carnival without getting a little bit of BBQ sauce on your hands…or your face.
6. Fried Pickles
Who knew pickles could get even crunchier?
7. Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
Enjoyed by fathers and sons year-round.
9. Snow Cones
Just the trick to wash down all of that fried dough.
And a day at the carnival wouldn’t be complete without…
10. Fried Oreos
Tastes like there’s a carnival in your mouth.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.