1. This is Marc Anthony. He has won plenty of Grammys.
He is from Brookville, NY. And he is of Puerto Rican descent.
He’s an American. But some baseball fans don’t think so…
3. They also gave him a different nationality.
FYI: He’s of Puerto Rican descent … from Brookville, NY.
7. Alright, now you’re just being ridiculous.
Puerto Rican ≠ Mexican ≠ Cuban. You KNOW that, right?
8. Does anyone research before they tweet? Anyone?
If you can tweet about it, you can google it yourself.
11. And the fans started claiming that an AMERICAN artist should be singing the song.
Shouldn’t you be editing your tweets before you tweet them? #learnhowtospell
13. And when they were told that he indeed IS AMERICAN, they couldn’t handle it.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!