1. It all went down at VH1’s 2003 special, Divas Duets in Las Vegas.
Oddly enough, it was Jewel who got to make the grand entrance – this was at the height of her transition into pop-stardom. Remember “Intuition?”
… while Beyoncé waited on stage. This was before she dropped her first solo album.
For the first half of the performance, they stood on opposite sides of the stage.
But then, Beyoncé made her way over to Jewel (as only Beyoncé would).
And poor Jewel had to shimmy next to Beyoncé in matching, Tina Knowles-approved costumes.
According to Newsday, the “Who Will Save Your Soul?” singer credits Beyoncé with teaching her to dance.
9. You can watch the full performance here.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›