1. Ben Utecht helped the Indianapolis Colts win Super Bowl XLI in 2007, but his career was cut short due to multiple concussions that caused permanent brain damage. Before his condition worsened, Ben wrote this love song to his family.
2. Now 33 years old, Ben first began to feel the effects of his brain injury in his late twenties.
3. Following his fifth concussion, Ben decided to end his five-year stint in the NFL at age 28.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›