1. Last night, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver recognized Isaiah Austin as an honorary draft pick by calling his name on behalf of the league. The two shared a touching moment up on stage, which immediately became the highlight of the night.
Just a few days before the draft, Austin (who was considered to be a first-round pick) was diagnosed with a career-ending disease called Marfan syndrome.
2. In between the 15th and 16th pick, Commissioner Silver took a few moments to honor the former Baylor star.
3. As the crowd gave Austin a standing ovation, Silver began to praise the Baylor product, commending him for all of his hard work and dedication.
4. The commissioner then said the words that Austin will probably never forget: “With the next pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the NBA selects Isaiah Austin, from Baylor University.”
5. As Austin and Silver met on center stage, the two shared a heartfelt moment that transcended to more than just basketball.
6. After the draft, ESPN caught up with Austin, who through this tough stretch in his life, showed a bit of optimism.
7. Best of luck in your future, Isaiah.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️