1. Filmmaker Chris Pritchard spent two years gathering footage for a time-lapse video called “Above LA 4K.” And it’s safe to say that all his work paid off.
For the best viewing experience, watch in HD with audio.
2. According to Chris:
I’d drive around, hit the trails, or try and get high-rise access in search of new and interesting views above the city. Once you get above, even slightly, the views and sounds begin to change dramatically. Experiencing this vast and grand city from above lends a new and different appreciation for it.
3. Chris told BuzzFeed that the hardest location to physically access was the Hollywood sign. “Many people have done this hike - it’s not that bad. But I did it with all my gear (70lbs+ and a 6 foot slider) on the first day of a heat wave.”
4. In all, he captured more than 300 individual clips for this video, but only 50 of them made the final cut…
5. And he chose wisely because all of the clips in the video are absolutely amazing. From this stunning view of downtown L.A. at dusk…
6. To the magestic lights of the historical Broadway Theater District at night…
- Radical UK preacher Anjem Choudary has been charged with encouraging support for ISIS, Scotland Yard said.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.