1. Kenshiro Uki of Sun Noodle in New Jersey shows us how ramen noodles are made, and it’s surprisingly mesmerizing.
Video courtesy of Potluck Video.
2. The process starts with creating the dough. According to Kenshiro, the most important part of this process is to mix the dough until every particle of flour has hit every particle of water.
3. The ramen dough then gets rolled into sheets, and is left to age for 45 minutes. Aging the dough allows for the glutens to rest and develop properly, which will then give the final product the desired chewy texture.
4. After, the sheets of ramen dough gets cut, and the noodles begin to form.
5. Then, the cut noodles make their way through different sections of the machine and get prepped for packaging.
In The News Today
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›