1. Kenshiro Uki of Sun Noodle in New Jersey shows us how ramen noodles are made, and it’s surprisingly mesmerizing.
Video courtesy of Potluck Video.
2. The process starts with creating the dough. According to Kenshiro, the most important part of this process is to mix the dough until every particle of flour has hit every particle of water.
3. The ramen dough then gets rolled into sheets, and is left to age for 45 minutes. Aging the dough allows for the glutens to rest and develop properly, which will then give the final product the desired chewy texture.
4. After, the sheets of ramen dough gets cut, and the noodles begin to form.
5. Then, the cut noodles make their way through different sections of the machine and get prepped for packaging.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 0-1 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the cup ⚽️