1. Kenshiro Uki of Sun Noodle in New Jersey shows us how ramen noodles are made, and it’s surprisingly mesmerizing.
Video courtesy of Potluck Video.
2. The process starts with creating the dough. According to Kenshiro, the most important part of this process is to mix the dough until every particle of flour has hit every particle of water.
3. The ramen dough then gets rolled into sheets, and is left to age for 45 minutes. Aging the dough allows for the glutens to rest and develop properly, which will then give the final product the desired chewy texture.
4. After, the sheets of ramen dough gets cut, and the noodles begin to form.
5. Then, the cut noodles make their way through different sections of the machine and get prepped for packaging.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.