1. “The Pizza Head Show” 1993-1997
In 1993, Pizza Hut launched what would be one of their most memorable ad campaigns, The Pizza Head Show. The commercials were created by San Francisco’s Goodby Silverstein & Partners and directed by Walter Williams, the creator of Saturday Night Live’s “The Mr. Bill Show”.
Like “The Mr. Bill Show,” Williams gave the commercials a low-budget feel.
All the commercials consisted of spokes-character “Pizza Head” being bullied by pizza-cutter, “Steve,” and an off-camera narrator.
The commercials were pretty popular and over it’s run it incorporated a variety of promotions, like Goosebumps, Jonny Quest and Star Wars.
The campaign ran for 16 spots until its abrupt end in 1997.
4. “The Pizza Head Show” commercials:
5. “The Pizza Head Show” - “Jonny Quest” commercial:
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite, but which some critics believe was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation". She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝