1. “The Pizza Head Show” 1993-1997
In 1993, Pizza Hut launched what would be one of their most memorable ad campaigns, The Pizza Head Show. The commercials were created by San Francisco’s Goodby Silverstein & Partners and directed by Walter Williams, the creator of Saturday Night Live’s “The Mr. Bill Show”.
Like “The Mr. Bill Show,” Williams gave the commercials a low-budget feel.
All the commercials consisted of spokes-character “Pizza Head” being bullied by pizza-cutter, “Steve,” and an off-camera narrator.
The commercials were pretty popular and over it’s run it incorporated a variety of promotions, like Goosebumps, Jonny Quest and Star Wars.
The campaign ran for 16 spots until its abrupt end in 1997.
4. “The Pizza Head Show” commercials:
5. “The Pizza Head Show” - “Jonny Quest” commercial:
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›