1. “The Pizza Head Show” 1993-1997
In 1993, Pizza Hut launched what would be one of their most memorable ad campaigns, The Pizza Head Show. The commercials were created by San Francisco’s Goodby Silverstein & Partners and directed by Walter Williams, the creator of Saturday Night Live’s “The Mr. Bill Show”.
Like “The Mr. Bill Show,” Williams gave the commercials a low-budget feel.
All the commercials consisted of spokes-character “Pizza Head” being bullied by pizza-cutter, “Steve,” and an off-camera narrator.
The commercials were pretty popular and over it’s run it incorporated a variety of promotions, like Goosebumps, Jonny Quest and Star Wars.
The campaign ran for 16 spots until its abrupt end in 1997.
4. “The Pizza Head Show” commercials:
5. “The Pizza Head Show” - “Jonny Quest” commercial:
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The brother of beloved Zimbabwean lion Cecil has been shot and killed by a hunter. Cecil was killed last month.