This is probably the first image that comes to mind when you imagine James Dean: As Jim Stark, the iconic face of teenage disillusionment, in Rebel Without a Cause.
The talented actor was handsome…
…and, of course, brooding.
1. But, could you imagine him as a dapper kid?
Take notes, everyone. This is how you pull off a fedora.
2. How about as a star high school basketball player?
3. But basketball wasn’t his only athletic pursuit, he also practiced ballet.
4. He also liked to clown around with his friends, like Marlon Brando.
5. And also his co-stars, like Rebel Without a Cause’s Sal Mineo
6. …and his Giant co-star Elizabeth Taylor.
7. He liked to do silly things while signing autographs!
Kicked out to the curb?
8. He was no stranger to making funny faces for the camera.
9. And like all of us, he sometimes talked on the phone while going to the bathroom.
Well, most of us wouldn’t allow ourselves to be photographed doing it.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›