This is probably the first image that comes to mind when you imagine James Dean: As Jim Stark, the iconic face of teenage disillusionment, in Rebel Without a Cause.
The talented actor was handsome…
…and, of course, brooding.
1. But, could you imagine him as a dapper kid?
Take notes, everyone. This is how you pull off a fedora.
2. How about as a star high school basketball player?
3. But basketball wasn’t his only athletic pursuit, he also practiced ballet.
4. He also liked to clown around with his friends, like Marlon Brando.
5. And also his co-stars, like Rebel Without a Cause’s Sal Mineo
6. …and his Giant co-star Elizabeth Taylor.
7. He liked to do silly things while signing autographs!
Kicked out to the curb?
8. He was no stranger to making funny faces for the camera.
9. And like all of us, he sometimes talked on the phone while going to the bathroom.
Well, most of us wouldn’t allow ourselves to be photographed doing it.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›