1. Snow White’s Scary Adventures: Magic Kingdom 1971–1994
Snow White’s Scary Adventures was an original Magic Kingdom opening-day attraction. Like the Disneyland version of the ride (at that time), Snow White did not appear in the attraction. But unlike the Disneyland version, this version was much darker and scarier. Riders encountered the Witch seven times throughout the dark attraction, with only her cackle providing background noise.
In the final encounter with the Witch, Snow White is seen on a ledge pushing a large emerald above the rider’s head. The ride then ends suddenly with riders entering the next room to a strobe effect and cartoon stars, implying that the Witch had killed you.
In 1994, the ride was remodeled and softened up. It now featured Snow White (multiple times) and it received a happy ending.
Snow White’s Scary Adventures closed on May 31, 2012.
2. Snow White’s Scary Adventures (original version ride-through)
3. ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter: Magic Kingdom 1995–2003
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter opened at the Magic Kingdom on June 20, 1995. The ride’s plot revolved around the demonstration of a new teleportation technology from an alien corporation. During the demonstration an unknown alien is transported into the attraction room by accident. As guests sit locked in their seats, the room plunges into darkness and they begin to be terrorized by the alien.
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter closed on Oct. 12, 2003.
4. ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (tribute video)
5. Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour: Tokyo Disneyland 1986–2006
Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour opened at Tokyo Disneyland on July 11, 1986. The walk-through attraction had guests embark on a tour through the dark and spooky caverns underneath Cinderella Castle.
Along the tour you encountered scenes featuring famous Disney villains like Maleficent and Chernabog. But things got really scary when you entered the final scene featuring a large animatronic of The Horned King (from the film The Black Cauldron), who proceeds to threaten to kill the guests and use the cauldron to make them join his army. According to Disney Wiki, here is the translation of what he says:
“(Evil laugh) Everyone welcome. In this Black Cauldron, everything in the world is controlled. Don’t be afraid. It will all be over shortly. No one can escape from here and you’ll be sacrificed to the Black Cauldron. Oh Satan’s kiln… awaken and resurrect the soldiers of death! Rebuild an army without rivals! The Army of Death… rise! The devil’s servants… go and capture them and throw them into the cauldron! Don’t leave anyone behind! The Black Cauldron wants more bodies! I swear to the death! (Evil laugh) Nobody can destroy me…What’s that!?! Capture those fools and gratify the Black Cauldron!”
Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour closed on April 5, 2006.
6. Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour (walk-through)
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈