3. His favorite book was Antoine de Saint Exupéry’s The Little Prince.
5. His first professional acting job was in a Pepsi commercial.
He was paid $10 for the commercial.
7. Billie Holiday’s “When Your Lover Has Gone” was his favorite song.
9. Marlon Brando was his idol.
The two reportedly had a romantic (but troubled) relationship.
11. James died less than one month before the release of his most well-known and iconic film, Rebel Without a Cause.
14. At the time of his death, James was signed to star in Somebody Up There Likes Me, the role went to Paul Newman and it helped launch his career.
16. In 1957, James received his second consecutive posthumous Best Actor Academy Award nomination for his role in Giant.
He lost again.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.