1. Muppet Treasure Island Happy Meal toys
What could make a bathtub toy even better? Getting it as a Happy Meal toy, thats what.
These toys are perfectly themed for bath time. The worse part though, being stuck with like five Fozzies when all you wanted was a Kermit.
2. Li’l Miss Mermaid
Released at the height of mermaid-mania, this doll not only sang, but also changed colors underwater! I’d like to see Ariel do that.
3. Wind-Up Scuba Diver
Not the most complex bath toy ever made, but he swam in water! You really couldn’t ask for more.
4. Hello Kitty: Hello Color
Part stuffed animal, part sponge, and to top it all off it changed color in water. This Hello Kitty toy had the whole package in the early ’80s.
5. The Little Mermaid
Could there be a better themed toy for bath time? NOPE.
Also, it was the only true place in which you could recreate Ariel’s adventures.
The all plastic design made these candy colored mythological creatures a perfect bathtub toy in the ’80s.
7. Sea Wees
The original mermaid bath toy, not only were they perfectly sized, but they also came with a range of accessories made specifically for the bathtub.
8. My Little Pony: Sea Ponies
Honestly, My Little Ponies made perfect bathtub toys — they were all plastic and already had vague dirty water smell. But Sea Ponies came with boat clamshells. PRETTY BOAT CLAMSHELLS!
9. Street Sharks
Not technically made for the bathtub, but come on, these anthropomorphic sea creatures were badass and totally worked for bath time.
10. Fountain Mermaid Barbie
Barbie took the mermaid-theme to the extreme in the early ’90s when she got not only a total pink make-over, but also a jeweled crown that squirted water.
Typical Barbie, just had to one-up the competition.
11. Fisher-Price’s Little People
Outside of their rich cousins the Playmobils, nobody lived better in the ’80s than Fisher-Price’s Little People. Not only were these toys already water friendly, but they came with a whole world built to be played with in water.
I mean, look at the yacht!
12. Rub-A-Dub Dog
The quintessential bathtub toy of the ’80s and ’90s, not only was this a toy, but it also doubled as a sponge.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating.