From Photoshop to Instagram, photo manipulation is commonplace today and something easily done in the digital-era. Faking It: Manipulated Photography Before Photoshop at the National Gallery of Art, in Washington, D.C., is the first major exhibition devoted to the history of manipulated photography before digital imagery.
The exhibit, which runs through May 5, features around 200 photographs from the 1840s through the 1980s.
1. Io + gatto (Cat + I), 1932
2. Room with eye , 1930
3. Seated man with Brattle Street Church seen through window, 1850
4. Man in bottle, c. 1888
5. Unidentified woman seated with a female spirit, 1862-1875
6. Max Ernst , 1946
7. Untitled, 1969
8. Untitled, 1976
9. The Pond - Moonrise, 1904
10. Ein kräftiger Zusammenstoss (A Powerfull Collision), 1914
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›