1. Earlier today, Australian telephone company Telstra tweeted out this message to its followers. They were quick to react.
3. The tweet was quickly deleted and replaced with this:
4. Some people spotted it…
5. Whilst Telstra tried their best to own up to it.
6. The whole thing was just, well, pretty awkward.
8. H/T to this Reddit thread.
Brad Esposito is a news reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›