1. Earlier today, Australian telephone company Telstra tweeted out this message to its followers. They were quick to react.
3. The tweet was quickly deleted and replaced with this:
4. Some people spotted it…
5. Whilst Telstra tried their best to own up to it.
6. The whole thing was just, well, pretty awkward.
8. H/T to this Reddit thread.
Brad Esposito is a news reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
In The News Today
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›