1. #itouchmyselfproject is a new breast cancer awareness campaign inspired by the late Chrissy Amphlett.
2. The campaign uses Amphlett’s “I Touch Myself” as an anthem for the new movement.
3. A video was released showing ten of Australia’s greatest female singers giving their versions of the classic Aussie hit.
Connie Mitchell; Deborah Conway; Kate Cerebrano; Katie Noonan; Little Pattie; Megan Washington; Olivia Newton-John; Sarah Blasko; Sarah McLeod; and Suze DeMarchi all came together for the project.
5. When Amphlett developed breast cancer she immediately wanted the song to help spread awareness, highlighting the importance of checking for early signs of cancer.
6. The campaign is encouraging the public to upload #itouchmyselfies to help spread the word.
9. And has also made the re-recorded version of “I Touch Myself” available for purchase on iTunes, with all proceeds going to Cancer Council NSW.
10. You can find the whole “I Touch Myself” campaign video here
- About 6,500 refugees have reached Austria. Austria and Germany said on Friday that stranded refugees in Hungary could cross their borders. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›