1. Jake Butt is a freshman tight end for the Michigan football team.
2. Allusions to the double meaning of “tight end” — as in, it’s both a football position and a way you could describe someone’s butt — have a rich history.
Buy Tight Ends here.
3. And now, here’s this guy who plays “tight end,” and his NAME is “butt.” Can you imagine?!?!?
4. Jake Butt has it under control, though. Here’s a tweet he sent out after this Saturday’s game.
Yes I’m a tight end. Yes my last name is butt. Hhahaha
5. Perfect. He even nailed it with the username.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.