Here are three current stories from the world of college football:
1. One of the Louisville football program’s “core values” is “NO GUNS,” as per a sign in its locker room.
(Apparently Ohio State has a similar sign. Louisville coach Charlie Strong and OSU coach Urban Meyer used to work together at the University of Florida.)
2. A top football prospect told a reporter he committed to South Carolina because it would be so hard to fail out.
3. Alabama is installing a waterfall in its locker room.
That’s according to a tweet by a recruit which was seemingly confirmed by a Crimson Tide beat writer.
The downside is that no guns are allowed under the waterfall. But the upside is that homework isn’t either.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›