1. Boston closer Koji Uehara was one of the heroes of Boston’s World Series win, pitching 4 and 2/3 scoreless innings over five appearances. But during the celebration afterward, he was upstaged by his own son.
2. A born poet, young Kaz answered Erin Andrews’ questions perfectly. Here is their entire conversation.
All right Kaz, you were the rock star of the ALCS trophy presentation, you haven’t been to school in quite a while, you said you were excited for your dad, how proud are you of your dad tonight?
How hard are you going to celebrate tonight, Kaz?
3. Or, in illustrated form:
8. The crowd was delighted. Nothing more needed be said. Watch all of Kaz’s star turn here, and remember, in your own lives, to remain both good and crazy.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›