1. Ross Douglas is a freshman on the Michigan football team. He was a pretty big deal as a recruit, one of the top 250 players in the country.
2. Thomas Rawls is a junior. He was a less big deal as a recruit and is currently a backup.
3. But right now…it’s the first week of football practice, Thomas Rawls is an upperclassman, and Ross Douglas is a sack of fresh meat.
4. Here’s Douglas, number 29 in the white jersey, participating in the “Michigan” drill, in which his job is to hit a blocker and then tackle Rawls. Things start off pretty well, actually.
5. But then…
6. Well, that’s not what a tackle is supposed to look like.
7. At some point, we’ve all been Ross Douglas.
8. Douglas did pop right up to get back in line. Keep your head up, Ross. Some day it’ll be you knocking the crap out of a freshman on an embarrassing video that your own team distributes on the internet.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.