3. Your alarm rings in the morning and you wake up to a horrifying realization:
4. “It is 7:00 and I have to be at work in an hour.”
6. But you realize you don’t have any more call-out days.
8. After getting two steps from your bed you feel like:
9. But like it or not you are getting launched into this day.
11. But this turns into the most painful experience of your life.
13. But you do what you can and throw on some sunglasses.
14. You desperately chug a Gatorade before you hit the road.
15. But you have to skip breakfast.
18. By the time you arrive at your building, life has kicked you across the room.
19. The elevator is crowded and stops at every floor on the way to yours.
20. Entering your office, there is the harsh realization that you will spend the next eight hours here.
21. You walk into you office hoping no one notices your state.
22. You go straight to the kitchen for the company coffee.
23. Then you stare at your work station from across the room.
24. Once you get to your desk you resist the urge to relapse.
25. You turn on your computer and try to remember your log-in.
26. Your office friend comes over to ask how your weekend was.
28. Your friend leaves because you were not being talkative.
29. In fact, every person who comes by and tries to talk with you feels a bit like:
30. Your manager slaps you on the back and reminds you about your morning meetings.
31. You enter all of your meetings sort of like this:
33. There are some snacks at the meeting, but you are a bit too agressive with them.
34. Throughout most of the meeting you are nonresponsive.
35. Unless you are making an attempt to drink your coffee.
36. Someone asks you to contribute to the discussion.
39. Leaving your meeting, you know the whole office is watching you.
40. You sit back down at your desk and your computer starts locking up.
45. And through the afternoon you pretty much phone it in…
46. …hoping your coworkers will help you pick up the slack.
47. Until you get asked to fill out your expense reports.
49. …on the way out your boss asks you if you wouldn’t mind coming in early tomorrow.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›